Fall 2021 Support Pieces
For some reason, the order of songs downloaded all out of order, but here is everything that I have included in this download!
- The Workout Song: Bendy, Giggly, Clever & Strong. This is the instrumental version of the song. This way, if you want, you can play this and sing the song yourself!
- The Workout Song: Training Audio
- Bring Me Little Water Sylvie: Training audio with kids in towels or in upturned gathering drums with a bit of body percussion and harmony
- Bring Me Little Water Sylvie: Body Percussion Training Video just in case you were interested in learning this. I can work with you on it, if you want! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMSFJF-EnA0&list=PLZb_QIu7FJ8ZJnr2bmuwsRkXNSMRO_M-U&index=2
- Itsy Bitsy Spider: Audio Training
- Itsy Bitsy Spider: PDF of the ideas
- Sing with Parachute: Training PDF
- Big Green Monster: Audio Training
- Big Green Monster: Loop
- Horse and Buggy: Audio Training (this is the one that is called Horse and Buggy Storyline Training)
- Horse and Buggy: Audio Training - this one is just the vocals of the 2 parts
- Horse and Buggy: PDF training
- Bom Bom Biddy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhRNcBpQaSE&feature=youtu.be- (you can also scroll down on the teacher portal for the link to this video). It is in the old space and the sound is bad, but you get the idea
- Bom Bom Biddy: PDF training plus here is an old video of me doing it in class, but the audio is really terrible: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhRNcBpQaSE
- Crimson and Red: I have included 4 versions so that you can do it as a round. 1 is just 1 part that loops. Then there is one with 2 parts doing it as a round and looping. Then there is one with 2 parts but starting farther apart and finally there is one with 3 parts as a round and looping. My suggestion is to start just you, asking people to join you as they learn it. Then jump into the version with 2 parts farther apart. You come in with the second part. Then when you are ready, have them stay on either of those parts, and you add the 3rd part accappella. That way you really are only using the loop that has the 2 farther apart. (Hope that that makes sense!)
- Water Fountain: I am including the edited, clean version that we use in class, called "Water Fountain LMS edit". Be sure to use THIS one!! It is short, (less than 2 mins). We use it with the wood tone blocks, which are the ones that look like hollow guiros on a stick (sometimes, they are double or agogo). Play around with all of the sounds that you can get out of a wood tone block!
- Sto Mi E Milo: Audio Training with Rhythm Sticks
- Sto Mi E Milo: PDF, which may or may not make sense as it is a bit of music theory about the time signature, and this style of Bulgarian folk music and what makes it unique.
- Sto Mi E Milo: A doubled up version (2 minutes 15 secs). The structure is: Part 1, 4-bar percussion break, Part 2, 4-bar percussion break, Part 1, 4-bar percussion break, Part 2, 4-bar percussion break, Ending (which is just the last line is repeated and slowed down)
- Sto Mi E Milo: An even longer version: 2.5 times (2 minutes 45 secs). The structure is: Part 1, 4-bar percussion break, Part 2, 4-bar percussion break, Part 1, 4-bar percussion break, Part 1, 4-bar percussion break, Part 2, 4-bar percussion break, Ending (which is just the last line is repeated and slowed down)
- Jungle Home: Audio of how we sing this song. (It is different than what is on the "CD", so that can practice making the transition between the two parts of the song: "We are walking through the jungle, walking to the beat, walking through the jungle, what do we see....." and the animals. We do this song, acting out the animals on the gathering (or any) drum. You can probably do this as a cumulative song.
- Jungle Home: PDF of the lyrics (plus feel free to add extra verses or take ideas from the kids)
- Seven: Audio training with the stretchy band (not sure that we will be able to use the stretchy band this time around, but the training still might be useful!)
- Troika: Audio Training
- Jazzy Three Bears: Here is a longer background instrumental loop for you to sing along with. I bought a GIANT book that this could work well with in the park. I can make a quick video of how I would do it, and send that to you guys. And here is a video of my doing it as a shadow puppet piece: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8swGsh5BLpY
- Green Grass Grew All Around: I made really cute digital images for doing this outdoors. They are not included here, but I did send them to you recently, and we have them in the shed. I am going to give them as a gift to all of the families in this session!
- Italian Mazurka Dinner: Here are some old videos of me doing it. This one is the intro: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABDU6mQDkJ4. This one is the rest of the song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2O1a7euV7WA. These should also be on the teacher portal.
- Kpanlogo: I have A LOT of trainings for this. The first is a video training- it really has everything on it, so you may not need to listen to the audio trainings: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpINYW7yVS8
- Kpanlogo: PDF training including all of the rhythm patterns
- Kpanlogo: There are 2 audio trainings on here, they do have some different stuff, so you will want to listen to both of them
- All the Pretty Little Horses: PDF of lyrics, chords for ukulele and melodica notes
- Yemaya Asesu: I've attached a background sound of waves crashing if you want to play it while you sing this song in class.
- Banaha- I've attached a longer version of this song that I made (It is almost 2 mins compared to the 45 secs of the one on the "CD". It runs through the verse 3 times)
- Silent track: This is a track that is 9 minutes of silence. I use these tracks on my playlist behind any music that I play in class so that I don't have to rush to the speaker or iPad to stop it from playing the next song. I place 2 or 3 of them after the family jam.
All training pieces are proprietary to Little Movers and Shakers and are not to be shared